Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Epic Fall

You should’ve seen it. It was epic. This morning I was running my 5k route at a pretty comfortable pace, feeling good, about to pick it up a bit. Then it happened. I stepped a little too close to the edge of the road, my left ankle rolled, and down I went. It happened in slow motion, like a football instant replay. It was like I was watching it happen from outside my body. I remember thinking, “I don’t understand. What’s happening? What the hell? How’d I get down here? I’m on the ground!” I laid there a second and then I saw my friend, Dayna’s hand reaching to help me up, and I thought, “Wow, this really happened. I'm on the ground.” The whole thing was very surreal and for a second, I almost felt drunk.

Dayna suggested walking for a bit, but my ankle felt ok, so I said no and went back to running. I had brought a stopwatch with us this time and still managed to finish in under 33 minutes, but as soon as we made it back to the fitness center, every muscle in my body immediately tensed up and I began feeling the pain. Clearly, I’m gonna pay for this blunder for days to come and now my hands and knees are scraped up like a 5-year-old. I just hope I haven’t done more damage than I initially thought.

You can laugh now...

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! That's great! Every time I have to go up or down a curb I always fear that I'll fall just like that. Too funny! I'm happy you're okay and hope you can still keep on running:) Hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! We welcome all positive and uplifting comments.