Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tri This!

I've been wanting to share this information for a while now, and I'm so excited about it that I just can't hold it in any longer!

I am officially in training for my first triathlon! Granted, it's only a sprint, and it's indoor, but it's a triathlon, nonetheless. The tri will consist of a 500 yard swim (10 laps in an Olympic sized pool), 13 miles on a stationary bike, and 3.1 miles on a treadmill.

My biggest challenge has proven to be the swim. Michael Phelps makes it look so easy! Not so... I swam for the first time on Wednesday, and it has proven to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm still shocked at how fast and hard my heart was beating after only one lap. For a minute there, I thought it was going to beat right out of my chest, but alas, I have lived to tell the tale! Thank goodness for my strengthened lung capacity!!

After almost one full week into my training regimen, I have come to the conclusion that this is going to be cake. No problem!! The tri will be on December 5th; I'll keep you posted on my progress. So far so good!! I feel better than I have in my whole life!

1 comment:

  1. Aimee! That is soooo freaking cool! I can't wait to hear how it goes! I've been contemplating a Tri for a while, but I just don't know if I could hack the swimming part... I know I'd be fine on the rest, but swimming is first so I'm afraid I'd suck right off the bat! But I'm so excited for you and I hope you do well! I know swimming is such a good activity to add to your running!! You're going to look smokin' hot!! Keep me posted on everything! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog! We welcome all positive and uplifting comments.